Pages

Friday, August 5, 2016

My Incredible First Wife And The Olympics Long Ago

My friends the Olympics begin in Rio de Janeiro today. It brings back a special memory for me. In my life I have been blessed to have been married to two incredible women with talents and qualities few women have. You all know Elena Torello by now. Long ago I was married to another incredible woman named Maria A. Chiaverini. She was a Rio de Janeiro woman. She spoke 5 languages fluently (English, Portuguese,Spanish,French, and Italian.)  She graduated from the Sorbonne in Paris. She made history in Brasil by becoming the first woman to be certified as a chef. She also was an incredible athlete in gymnastics. She was so good that in 1960 she was selected to be on the Brasilian Olympic team in gymnastics. Her first husband would not let her go and compete in the games. He said that he did not want millions of people on television to see her in a scanty costume doing her gymnastics.

No comments:

Post a Comment