Pages

Saturday, November 14, 2015

Thankful To Be Far Away From The Sensless Violence In Paris

My dear friend yesterday was a day of recovery after the wild adventure in Torres del Paine National Park. From the panoramic window of the dining room of this hotel, I can see the whole town of El Calafate and beautiful Lago Argentino. One large building has caught my eye for several days. It's yellow and several stories tall. Javier, one of the owners of the South B and B Hotel, explained to me that it is one of the hotels owned by the current president of Argentina; Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner. A couple of days ago I asked the cab driver to take me to the hotel. He got confused and took me way up into the hills to the ultra-luxury 5-star hotel that Presidenta Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner owns. it was just as well because I discovered the truly awesome hospital that they have here in the town. Yesterday I set off hiking with the determination to get to this hotel. It was much harder than I had thought. I walked 16,641 steps and ended up in some hills high above the town. I got some incredible views. I also finally figured out where this mystery hotel is. I will go and see it today before I have to leave tomorrow. I was in this beautiful place with peace, an extremely low crime rate, no homeless people visible, wild animals that do not attack humans, dogs that are allowed to run free as there is no animal control. The only place that I see guns is with law enforcement officers. I walked down the hill. I had a coffee at my favorite local coffee shop. I then had a great pizza lunch at Casablanca Restaurant. I came back to my hotel tired and happy. Then I got the shock news about the terrible attack in Paris. I was shocked and heart broken. I was also thankful to be far away from such senseless violence.

No comments:

Post a Comment