Pages

Saturday, May 2, 2015

My Dear Wife Elena Has A Famous Twin

My dear wife Elena has a famous twin. Her name is Dr. Carolyn Pourco. Carolyn works for NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory. She is one of the two great female planetary scientists (The other being Dr. Sara Saeger). She runs NASA's Cassini program that explores Jupiter, Saturn, and all of their moons. I have had the honor of being in several meetings with Carolyn over the years. She is a marvelous speaker and a very charming lady. She is also a very modest and nice person despite all of her accomplishments and power.
Yesterday afternoon TED broadcast a talk by her on the Cassini program. I called Luah into the room and asked her who Carolyn looked like. Luah responded without even thinking: "That's Elena!" When Elena came back from the gym I showed her Dr. Pourco's talk on TED. She was surprised at the resemblance. After all of these years Elena got to see her famous twin.

No comments:

Post a Comment